Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A Visit from Murphy

I’m having one of those days. You know the kind...the ones Murphy wrote all of those laws about. Let’s see...it started with a breakfast of a couple of pieces of leftover Halloween candy because I didn’t even have time to fix a bowl of cereal. Then I got in the van to find the gas gauge down in that red area that screams, “Fill this tank now!” Never mind that the digital read-out told me I could go 60 miles with that amount of gas, that red area makes me nervous. But, I forged ahead and took the girls to preschool so we could get there on time.

So then, M and I pull in at the gas station, and I reached in my purse for the debit card...no debit card. All I had was a credit card that we really aren’t using right now. However, since I needed to get back home, I used the card and filled my tank. (I kept telling myself that even Dave Ramsey would have used the credit card in that situation, but no...he would have had the cash on him. It made me feel better for a minute, anyway.) Of course, I still had errands to run, which meant making a trip all the way back home to get the missing debit card and then heading back to the store. From there, things were pretty uneventful for awhile. Except for when M decided to write on the side of the refrigerator with a pencil. (That reminds me that I need to find my Magic Eraser...)

Fast forward to nap time (As an aside, all of my kids still take naps. I’ll take it while I can get it, especially since I’m going to have to wean MJ off of them this summer before she starts kindergarten.)...I was getting the girls settled in for their naps, and I bent over to kiss the top of MJ’s head. At the same time, she jerked her head upward. Now I have a busted lip. I was seeing stars for a little while now. Thanks to one of the kids’ teddy bear ice packs and some ibuprofen, the throbbing is less intense now than it was.

Now, let’s just hope Murphy and his laws leave us alone for the rest of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment