Thursday, October 28, 2010

Doll Dilemma

I’m having a doll dilemma. Neither of my girls has said, “I want xyz for Christmas this year.” In some ways, that is really nice because we won’t be scrambling around looking for something that just won’t be found (like the guitar MJ wanted for Christmas when she was 3...ended up with the most annoying toy guitar ever...got a catalog yesterday with exactly what I was looking for 2 years ago in it...).

So, anyway, I was browsing in Tar-jay earlier today and saw the “Our Generation” dolls. They are basically an affordable alternative to American Girl dolls. Since there is no way we can afford AG, I really do like the idea of the other dolls. Problem is, they do not seem to make an Asian version. The advantage is, though, that our local store carries the dolls and the accessories, so I wouldn’t have to order online, and I can see what I am actually getting. Wally-World, on the other hand, has a similar line of dolls (BFC, Ink.), and they do have an Asian doll. The problem with these is our local store does not carry them, meaning I would have to go from a photo online to make a decision. Just looking at the picture, it looks like the T store dolls are of better quality than the WM store dolls, but I have no way of knowing for sure.

Also, MJ is not necessarily drawn to her Asian dolls, except her Ling doll on occasion and one baby doll, so she would probably be fine with it, whether her doll is Asian or not.

So, does anyone have any experience with any of these dolls or any opinions on which way you would go?

No comments:

Post a Comment