Monday, January 24, 2011

I Can't Believe I Did This...But I Did

I had one of those moments this weekend where I felt like a total idiot, but I know one day, all of this will make for a hilarious story. I’m not there…yet…

Backing up a few weeks, when I found out that MJ’s best friend was having a dragon-themed birthday party and that he is very into dragons right now, I decided a perfect present would be this shirt from Wild Olive. M got the same one for Christmas, and it is a great little boy shirt. So, I placed the order for best friend’s shirt, along with one for me that I had been eyeing for awhile.

The order came in, and I pulled my shirt out and put it in the laundry before wearing. And [I thought] I took the gift shirt and put it away to wrap later, while putting the packaging envelope in the trash. *Remember this paragraph. It will come up again.

So, MJ’s friend’s party was on Sunday. Saturday afternoon while the kids were napping, I decided it was time to wrap the gift. So, I go look where I thought I had put the shirt. Not there. I look in other places where I thought it might be. Not there. This wasn’t good…

Then, there was that sinking feeling. I’m pretty sure that I put the shirt back into the mailing envelope, and forgetting it was in there, threw it away. Not my finest moment.

So, on Saturday afternoon, MJ and I made a run to the store for a gift so she would have something to give her friend for his birthday, and I will be placing an order for another shirt, which I will have shipped directly to her friend’s house.

Oh, well…what’s done is done…

My words to my husband about all of this were, “Well, at least I’ll get a blog post out of it.”

And I did.

2 comments:

  1. :) I can see how easy it would be for that to happen. I have come very close to doing that myself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like I'm not the only one with laundry problems. Hee hee. Although yours is more of a trash problem, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete