Thursday, December 16, 2010

MJ is 5!

Today, MJ is 5 years old! That is so hard for me to believe, since it seems like yesterday we first met our vivacious little almost 9 month old girl. But the years have passed, and she has grown...

She is now in pre-k, and loves to learn. She loves art and is very creative. MJ is still our strong-willed girl, but she is learning day by day to keep herself in check. Being a helper is one of her very favorite things to do.

As with most children her age, MJ is very enamored with the whole “birthday thing.” She loves the idea of being a year older, and is all about the birthday party, complete with cake and presents. Right after her birthday last year, she told me that this year she wanted a Dora party in the church fellowship hall. She hasn’t wavered from that at all, so Saturday, we’ll be having a Dora party in the church fellowship hall.

Right now for her, birthdays are completely fun. She has not yet realized the rest of the significance of this day. I will leave that topic for now, though, and save the serious post for tomorrow. For now, we will celebrate the fact that she is another year older. As one of my China mom friends phrased it on Facebook, MJ is now a whole hand old. :-)

So, this morning, we celebrated with cookies at preschool. After her Upward Basketball practice this afternoon, we’ll take her out to her choice of places to eat. On Saturday, we’ll celebrate with a Dora party. We’ll celebrate 5 years of life for our beautiful, precious, energetic daughter.

Happy Birthday, my big girl! Mama and Daddy are so proud of you, and all that you do! We love you!

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your gorgeous daughter!!! She is a treasure!
    Nancy-of the crazy 8

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mary Joyce,
    I tried to call you, but you were taking a nap! I called to sing Happy Birthday to you. I'll try to call you again tonight. I hope you have a GREAT birthday and I will miss you at my Birthday party this weekend. Maybe after Christmas we can get together to play? Call me sometime. I love you, Your friend...Lili

    ReplyDelete